proxy.config.system.mmap_max

Adam W. Dace
So I took a look at the code.  Yeah, I must be imagining this or something.  From what I can tell the codebase does literally nothing with this setting, except on Linux.

The machine I've been doing all of my tuning testing on is
Mac OS X.  Just to be sure this setting isn't used, I'm going to change it to "0" on my child and parent proxies and just let it run for a few days.  I'll then change it back to the default.

Sorry to waste everyone's time...thought I'd found something here.

P.S.  I'll also of course update the Wiki page.

Adam W. Dace <[hidden email]>

Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - [hidden email]

Re: proxy.config.system.mmap_max

James Peach
On Nov 23, 2013, at 6:17 PM, Adam W. Dace <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I took a look at the code.  Yeah, I must be imagining this or something.  From what I can tell the codebase does literally nothing with this setting, except on Linux.

Phew! I can't even find am implementation of mallopt(3) on Darwin, so I was really confused for a while there :)

> The machine I've been doing all of my tuning testing on is
> Mac OS X.  Just to be sure this setting isn't used, I'm going to change it to "0" on my child and parent proxies and just let it run for a few days.  I'll then change it back to the default.
>
> Sorry to waste everyone's time...thought I'd found something here.
>
> P.S.  I'll also of course update the Wiki page.
>
> Regards,

> Adam W. Dace <[hidden email]>
>
> Phone: (815) 355-5848
> Instant Messenger: AIM & Yahoo! IM - colonelforbin74 | ICQ - #39374451
> Microsoft Messenger - [hidden email]
>
> Google Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109309036874332290399/about

Re: proxy.config.system.mmap_max

Adam W. Dace
Yeah I think FreeBSD's OS-level memory caching got me there.  Sometimes it's tough to tell, from the user's perspective.