map depending on HTTP header

Jon Fullmer-2
(Sorry about the previous message)

Currently using TrafficServer 4.2.3 on CentOS (happy to upgrade, if later versions provide the needed feature).

I want to be able to map the backend call based on the source IP address of the caller and the contents of a custom HTTP header.

For example (the curly braces represent something that doesn’t exist):

regex_map http://(.*)/ http://{client-ip-address}:{contents-of-custom-HTTP-header)/

Do such macros exist?

Thanks in advance.

 - Jon

Re: map depending on HTTP header

Shu Kit Chan
You can try the header_rewrite plugin
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/plugins/header_rewrite.en.html

I don't know too well whether TS 4.2.3's header_rewrite plugin has
enough features for your needs. But I believe the latest ones does
have everything you need.

You can also use the ts_lua plugin as well if you are using later
version of trafficserver.

Thanks.