collapsed_forwarding plugin

Jeremy Payne
The collapsed_forwarding plugin documentation states to set the below parameter.

proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled 1

Issue is now my origin 3xx responses are being swallowed up by ATS
instead of being sent back to the client.

Am I missing something here ?
I want to enable the collapsed_forwarding plugin, but I dont want
ATS to act on the origin 3xx responses. I only want ATS to act on the
303 coming from the ATS plugin.

I also notice that proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled is removed from 8.x
Any reason for that ?

Re: collapsed_forwarding plugin

Sudheer Vinukonda-2
Hmm..what is the final response from the Origin after ATS follows the 3xx response and exhausts the max attempts?

Assuming it's still 3xx, ATS should relay that back to the client (although, I suppose it could probably be improved to not follow an external redirect, if not desirable).

Thanks,

Sudheer

Re: collapsed_forwarding plugin

Jeremy Payne
Due to the sensitive nature of live streaming I can't afford to spend
extra cycles waiting for the origin to send the final non-3xx
response.
So any other thoughts?
How about another core control/parameter that says 'follow internal
redirect' and another control to follow upstream/orogin redirects?
Although, I see in 8.x that the origin redirect parameter has been
removed from records.config. Still may be set through an API
call, however I havent looked yet..

Re: collapsed_forwarding plugin

Sudheer Vinukonda-2
A simpler approach may be to just turn off redirection in Read Response Header call back (on_read_response_header)?

TSHttpTxnFollowRedirect(txn, 0)

- Sudheer