Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Naveen

Hello All

 I know that ATS can be set up as a Transparent HTTP Proxy Server

 Can it also be made use of to Insert Small Javascript to add a Overlay JS Layer used to notify users

Thanks

Naveen

Re: Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Nick Kew
On Wed, 2017-06-14 at 09:30 +0530, Norbert Naveen wrote:
> Hello All
>
>  I know that ATS can be set up as a Transparent HTTP Proxy Server
>
>  Can it also be made use of to Insert Small Javascript to add a
> Overlay JS Layer used to notify users

You can use the stream-editor plugin for simple content
manipulation, including inserting something.

--
Nick Kew

Re: Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Naveen
Thanks Nick
 Can you share the URL where I Can find the Stream-Editor  plugin ?
 and any Example reference for doing as such .

I have checked
http://ats-zh.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sdk/http-transformation-plugin.en.html

is the below stream-editor you are talking about ?
https://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/2722/

Thanks & Rgds

Re: Transparent Proxy with Content injection for HTTP

Jeremy Payne
The lua plugin may also be of use here as well.
There are some simple transform examples in the below guide that you can
probably expand on.

On Thu, 2017-06-15 at 06:00 -0700, Naveen wrote:
> Thanks Nick
>  Can you share the URL where I Can find the Stream-Editor  plugin ?
>  and any Example reference for doing as such .

If you have a trafficserver release more  recent than that
blog entry, then it's somewhere under the plugins directory.

> is the below stream-editor you are talking about ?
> https://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/2722/

Yes.

--
Nick Kew