Traffic server fails to start - Centos 7

Traffic server fails to start - Centos 7

Alexander Yurchik
Hello

We have an issue with ATS on CentOS 7. It won't start after reboot:

Dec 24 07:59:26 server.com traffic_cop[933]: unable to locate local state directory '/run/trafficserver'

When I create it manually - everything is ok.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks!

Re: Traffic server fails to start - Centos 7

Phillip Moore

Centos7 uses systemd and a change from previous releases is that /var/run is wiped on reboot by default, it is tmpfs.

You can configure a systemd conf file to ensure that the trafficserver directory is created at boot time.

You would create like a trafficserver.conf file that has something like

RuntimeDirectory=trafficserver
RuntimeDirectoryPreserve=restart

Hope that helps.

Phillip