Redirection enabled and TIME_WAIT

Dunkin, Nick

Hi

We are using the proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled feature in ATS 7.0.

We are finding that when ATS receives the 307 Redirect from Origin, it closes that connection and creates a new one to retrieve the redirected content.  The result is that, when under load, we end up with a large amount of sockets in TIME_WAIT.

I can’t find any other configuration options that might alleviate this situation.

Does anyone have any insight or advice to offer?

Many thanks,

Nick Dunkin

Nick Dunkin

Re: Redirection enabled and TIME_WAIT

Dunkin, Nick

Hi Sudheer

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, and there is no Connection: close either.  All other Origin request behavior is normal.  We only see this when the Origin issues a redirect.

Thanks,

Nick