HttpConnect in Buffer upload plugin

supraja sridhar
Hi ! I have just started using traffic server and I am experimenting with the buffer-upload plugin. TSHttpConnect uses the address returned by TSHttpTxnClientAddrGet. My question is, is TSHttpTxnClientAddrGet the IP address of the client? When I print the return value it looks like this: client: connecting to 2.0.182.120. I am running ATS as a reverse proxy to a local web server.

Is it trying to connect to the client? If so, shouldn't the plugin try to connect to the server instead of the client?

Having said that, the request does reach the web-server.

S.SUPRAJA

Re: HttpConnect in Buffer upload plugin

Leif Hedstrom
Yes, client IP. It sounds like maybe you are printing it in the wrong byte order? Make sure to use the right APIs for converting the addr to a string?

Ciao,

— Leif

> On Dec 26, 2017, at 01:50, supraja sridhar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi ! I have just started using traffic server and I am experimenting with the buffer-upload plugin. TSHttpConnect uses the address returned by TSHttpTxnClientAddrGet. My question is, is TSHttpTxnClientAddrGet the IP address of the client? When I print the return value it looks like this: client: connecting to 2.0.182.120. I am running ATS as a reverse proxy to a local web server.
>
> Is it trying to connect to the client? If so, shouldn't the plugin try to connect to the server instead of the client?
>
> Having said that, the request does reach the web-server.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> S.SUPRAJA

Re: HttpConnect in Buffer upload plugin

supraja sridhar
Yes, it looks like the API I used wasn't the right one. I got it print the client address.
But I don't understand why the buffer upload plugin is trying to connect to the client? After the post data is buffered shouldn't the request be forwarded to the origin server?

Thanks,
Supraja

S.SUPRAJA
MIT

Re: HttpConnect in Buffer upload plugin

supraja sridhar
Sorry, figured out that using the client ip in the HTTPConnect is just to make the the transaction look like it came from the client IP.

Thanks,
Supraja