Exclude some URL-s from statistics and logging

Exclude some URL-s from statistics and logging

Veiko Kukk
Hi everyone,

ATS 7.1.1. I'd like to exclude some URL-s from cache statistics because they are for monitoring purposes only. Requests, that run relatively frequently, and ATS is configured to never cache those requests.
I'd like to separate that from statistics and access logs to avoid distortion of real content statistics.

Is it possible to:
* Log some URL-s to separate logfile.

Veiko

Re: Exclude some URL-s from statistics and logging

Shu Kit Chan
For log, the log filter can be used to separate logs for a particular
domain into separate files
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/logging.config.en.html

Kit

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Veiko Kukk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> ATS 7.1.1. I'd like to exclude some URL-s from cache statistics because they
> are for monitoring purposes only. Requests, that run relatively frequently,
> and ATS is configured to never cache those requests.
> I'd like to separate that from statistics and access logs to avoid
> distortion of real content statistics.
>
> Is it possible to:
> * Exclude certian URL's from internal statistics provided by
> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/monitoring/statistics/accessing.en.html#stats-over-http
> * Log some URL-s to separate logfile.
>
> Veiko

Re: Exclude some URL-s from statistics and logging

Veiko Kukk
Thank you. Actually, log filter is nice but most important would be statistics filter.

Veiko

For log, the log filter can be used to separate logs for a particular
domain into separate files
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/logging.config.en.html

Kit

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Veiko Kukk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> ATS 7.1.1. I'd like to exclude some URL-s from cache statistics because they
> are for monitoring purposes only. Requests, that run relatively frequently,
> and ATS is configured to never cache those requests.
> I'd like to separate that from statistics and access logs to avoid
> distortion of real content statistics.
>
> Is it possible to:
> * Exclude certian URL's from internal statistics provided by
> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/monitoring/statistics/accessing.en.html#stats-over-http
> * Log some URL-s to separate logfile.
>
> Veiko

Re: Exclude some URL-s from statistics and logging

Veiko Kukk
Hi,

I wonder if stats over HTTP request are included in HIT/MISS statistics?

Veiko