Documentation page is broken

Veiko Kukk
Hi,

It worked yesteday, today i can't access parts of it. For example
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html#ram-cache

Veiko

Re: Documentation page is broken

Veiko Kukk
Hi again,

Could somebody revert that change? It's really annoying to use page source to get to read the documentation.

Veiko

It worked yesteday, today i can't access parts of it. For example
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html#ram-cache

Veiko

Re: Documentation page is broken

Masakazu Kitajo-2
Hi Veiko,

Thanks for reporting.

It looks really odd. However, according to the build log, the page itself hasn't been changed since Nov 28.
On top of that, the page is not broken if I download it with curl.

I doubt ATS that serves our docs does something bad on some condition.

Leif, any ideas?

Thanks,
Masakazu

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM, Veiko Kukk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again,

Could somebody revert that change? It's really annoying to use page source to get to read the documentation.

Veiko

It worked yesteday, today i can't access parts of it. For example
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html#ram-cache

Veiko

Re: Documentation page is broken

Masakazu Kitajo-2
Now I'm sure that it's caused by the ATS that serves the page. If I request the page with "Accept-Encoding: br" then the response data is broken. I guess Brotli support has been enabled recently on the ATS.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I can't fix it because I don't have access for the server, but I'll report it to a person who has the access.

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:25 PM, Masakazu Kitajo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Leif Hedstrom

> On Dec 20, 2017, at 8:02 AM, Masakazu Kitajo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now I'm sure that it's caused by the ATS that serves the page. If I request the page with "Accept-Encoding: br" then the response data is broken. I guess Brotli support has been enabled recently on the ATS.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience. I can't fix it because I don't have access for the server, but I'll report it to a person who has the access.

I’ve turned off Brotli again. But might do some experimentation to see if I narrow it down.

Thanks!

— Leif

Re: Documentation page is broken

Leif Hedstrom

> On Dec 20, 2017, at 8:20 AM, Leif Hedstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 20, 2017, at 8:02 AM, Masakazu Kitajo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Now I'm sure that it's caused by the ATS that serves the page. If I request the page with "Accept-Encoding: br" then the response data is broken. I guess Brotli support has been enabled recently on the ATS.
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience. I can't fix it because I don't have access for the server, but I'll report it to a person who has the access.
>

> I’ve turned off Brotli again. But might do some experimentation to see if I narrow it down.

Fwiw, I tried with both Brotli v1.0.2 and v0.6.0, and the corruption happened for both version. So clearly something broken in our plugin :-).

Thanks again!

— leif