Defaulting in records.config

Dunkin, Nick
Hi

We’ve come across some behavior from Traffic Server (7.0.0) that we’re struggling to understand.

At certain points in time, we don’t know if it’s around crashes, or restarts, or just randomly, we are finding extra entries in our records.config.  These entries set certain parameters to their default values.  It’s always to the default values.  We can’t pinpoint an exact triggering factor because at the moment we are always finding them after the act.

For example the most recent addition was the following:

CONFIG proxy.config.cache.control.filename STRING cache.config

CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ip_allow.filename STRING ip_allow.config

CONFIG proxy.config.log.config.filename STRING logging.config

CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.filename STRING remap.config

Is this known behavior? and we are causing it some way that we’re not aware of.

As far as I know these files aren’t being altered manually, or through traffic_ctl set.

Thanks,

Nick

p.s. Sorry for all the newbie questions lately.  There’ll be less as we get more experience :)

Nick Dunkin

Principal Engineer

o:   678.258.4071

e:   [hidden email]

4375 River Green Pkwy # 100, Duluth, GA 30096, USA

id:image001.png@01D299A3.D81772A0

Re: Defaulting in records.config

Alan Carroll
See if doing "traffic_ctl config reload" triggers this (or whatever replaced traffic_line -x)

> p.s. Sorry for all the newbie questions lately.  There’ll be less as we get more experience :)

Haha, sadly no. That's just not how it works here at Traffic Server :-P.