[ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 is Released!

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 is Released!

Leif Hedstrom
Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 Released

The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Traffic Server (ATS) project are pleased to announce the release of Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2! ATS is a high performance, scalable HTTP Intermediary and proxy cache. It is used by several large internet services, providing billions of users fast web site access and downloads.

This release is immediately available for download at:

When upgrading to 7.x from 6.x you will need to recompile user written plugins. Upgrading from  previous releases (v3.2.0 and later), to v7.1.2 should preserve the cache and not require it to be cleared.  More details are available at:

This is a bug-fix release over the previous v7.1.0 release, on our current LTS release branch. When upgrading from a previous major releases, please see the upgrade details at

For a list of all Issues and PRs resolved in the v7.1.2 release, please see

A brief summary (changelog) of all fixes is also available at:

Sincerely,

-- The Apache Traffic Server community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 is Released!

Igor Cicimov
Hi folks,

Is upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1.2 just a matter of replacing binaries?

Thanks

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Leif Hedstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Miles Libbey
Also note that the setting
proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip
got changed to
proxy.config.http.normalize_ae
in this release. So, if you were not using the
proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip default, you'll need to add
proxy.config.http.normalize_ae with its equivalent.

miles

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:20 PM, Alan Carroll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, although it can be a bit tricky to find all the binaries that need to
> be replaced. I'd recommend installing, as `make install` should preserve
> your configuration files. Internally here we have all the configuration
> stored independently of deployed systems so upgrading is a clean install and
> then provisioning of the configuration.
>
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:49 PM, Igor Cicimov
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Is upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1.2 just a matter of replacing binaries?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Leif Hedstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 Released
>>>
>>> The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Traffic Server (ATS)
>>> project are pleased to announce the release of Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2!
>>> ATS is a high performance, scalable HTTP Intermediary and proxy cache. It is
>>> used by several large internet services, providing billions of users fast
>>> web site access and downloads.
>>>
>>> This release is immediately available for download at:
>>>
>>> https://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
>>>

>>> When upgrading to 7.x from 6.x you will need to recompile user written
>>> plugins. Upgrading from  previous releases (v3.2.0 and later), to v7.1.2
>>> should preserve the cache and not require it to be cleared.  More details
>>> are available at:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+New+in+v7.1.x
>>>

>>> This is a bug-fix release over the previous v7.1.0 release, on our
>>> current LTS release branch. When upgrading from a previous major releases,
>>> please see the upgrade details at
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v7.0
>>>

>>> For a list of all Issues and PRs resolved in the v7.1.2 release, please
>>> see
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/milestone/15?closed=1
>>>
>>> A brief summary (changelog) of all fixes is also available at:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/blob/7.1.x/CHANGELOG-7.1.2
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> -- The Apache Traffic Server community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 is Released!

Leif Hedstrom
I’ll have to check, but pretty sure it is not in 7.1.x

— Leif

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 05:43, Miles Libbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Also note that the setting
> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip
> got changed to
> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae
> in this release. So, if you were not using the
> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip default, you'll need to add
> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae with its equivalent.
>
> miles
>
>> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:20 PM, Alan Carroll <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes, although it can be a bit tricky to find all the binaries that need to
>> be replaced. I'd recommend installing, as `make install` should preserve
>> your configuration files. Internally here we have all the configuration
>> stored independently of deployed systems so upgrading is a clean install and
>> then provisioning of the configuration.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:49 PM, Igor Cicimov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Is upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1.2 just a matter of replacing binaries?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 is Released!

Bryan Call-2
proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip is still used for 7.1.2.  The name will change in the 8.0.0 release.

-Bryan

> On Jan 18, 2018, at 7:09 PM, Leif Hedstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ll have to check, but pretty sure it is not in 7.1.x
>
> — Leif
>
>> On Jan 19, 2018, at 05:43, Miles Libbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Also note that the setting
>> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip
>> got changed to
>> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae
>> in this release. So, if you were not using the
>> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip default, you'll need to add
>> proxy.config.http.normalize_ae with its equivalent.
>>
>> miles
>>
>>> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:20 PM, Alan Carroll <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Yes, although it can be a bit tricky to find all the binaries that need to
>>> be replaced. I'd recommend installing, as `make install` should preserve
>>> your configuration files. Internally here we have all the configuration
>>> stored independently of deployed systems so upgrading is a clean install and
>>> then provisioning of the configuration.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server v7.1.2 is Released!

Miles Libbey
Apologies for misleading. I had forgotten that we had cherry picked
this into our version.